MY STORM CENTER
Get storm ready
- Flashlights and fresh batteries.
- Battery-powered radio or TV and extra batteries.
- Cell phone chargers (make sure your cell phone is fully charged).
- Land-line phone with cord (cordless phones require electricity).
- Battery-powered or windup alarm clock.
- Supply of bottled water (one gallon per person per day).
- Non-perishable foods that require no heating.
- Blankets, bedding or sleeping bags.
- First-aid kit and prescription medications.
- Hand-operated can opener.
- Special items for infants, the elderly or family members with special needs.
- A variety of hand tools.
- List of emergency phone numbers.
- Identification and copies of important family documents in a waterproof container.
- Cash (ATMs may be unavailable).
Create a family emergency plan
- Discuss what to do in case of an emergency.
- Download SmartHub on your mobile device so you can track the restoration process
- When there is impending dangerous weather, fill your bathtub with water if your supply depends on electricity.
- Make sure your cell phones are charged.
- Protect and unplug electronic equipment.
- Ensure your contact information is up to date in SmartHub or call us at 800-239-3092.
- If needed, register for Pioneer Electric’s medical priority list (click here for more information).
- If someone relies on life support equipment, identify an alternate location with power where they can go during an outage.
- Fill up your vehicles with gas in case you need to evacuate or relocate to another area; and if you use a portable generator, fill up fuel cans.
- Identify an evacuation route if needed.